Monday, November 10, 2014

Homeward Bound

This has been a very good 6 weeks.  I started my study drug clinical trial chemotherpy with better than expected results.  Almost every week, my lab test results have continued to improve. Today marks the start of the second monthly cycle of the treatment. It will once again be a long day of testing with another bone marrow aspiration later this afternoon.

We will leave Houston tomorrow morning after we check out of our apartment. We plan to go see Sarah and family tomorrow and probably will spend the night at her house and get an early start heading home on Wednesday. My next return to MD Anderson is scheduled for Monday, November 24th so we get an approximate two week period at home. After six weeks consecutive in Houston, this will be a welcome respite.

I have been feeling pretty good most of the time since my last post two weeks ago. I still do not get as much restful sleep as I would like but hope this may get better once I'm home, in my own bed. Likewise, my appetite is not as good as we would like. Home cooking should be the ticket for this as well.

If all works out during our first few days at home, maybe I will be able to get back to seeing friends more often, attending Sunday school and worship services and getting back to more routine parts of life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment