Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesdays After Treatment

Another bad day following my week of treatment has become the norm. Specifically, it seems like Tuesday is the worse day so far.  This is the third consecutive Tuesday after my rounds of  treatments when I feel worse than any other day.  It actually started out as a great Monday (yesterday) until about 1:30 pm. Then I started going down hill very fast. By 5:00 pm it was as if I was a walking drunk. I was shaky, almost to the point of total exhaustion, such that my body started shutting down. We made it about three more hours past supper and by 8:00 pm I was in bed.

This morning, if there is such a thing as morning, I got out of bed at 2:00 am.  Mind you, if I did sleep at all between 8:00 pm and 2:00 am, I don't remember it.  So maybe I did sleep some, at lease my brain thinks so. My body, on the other had, is still whipped. I know this will pass because every month for three months, Tuesday after treatment week sucks. Usually by Wednesday or Thursday I bounce back, pretty well.

The reason I was having a very good Monday was because I had my weekly blood tests (CBC) that morning, the results of which were the most encouraging since I was diagnosed with MDS. For the first time in four months my White Cell counts fell within the acceptable range, just barely.  Also, my Platelets more than doubled from the prior week, still low but as high as ever since treatment started. My Red Cells were about the same as before, but at least not any worse. That means I do not have to have any blood transfusions this week, the Vidaza (Chemo) may be working and we are making some measurable progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment