Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Transitions

As June 2014 draws to a close we transition to changes in my health care plan.  May 2014 concluded with the completion of my fourth and final round of chemo (Vidaza) injections. Once a week I had my usual blood test on Mondays. The results were not as good as we had expected, but at least my major counts had not gotten significantly worse.  For the most part things stayed about the same, with slight fluctuation from week to week. My physical strength and ability continued to be weak and mentally my attitude waned as I struggled with what the future held for us.

Faith is a funny thing when faced with uncertainly. If I were truly faithful my attitude would always be solid, positive and upbeat. I have to keep reminding myself that God is in control. He directs the work of the doctors, nurses, lab technicians and all others in our health care network. So when things don't seem to go as well as I had hoped it's easy to get discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment