Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hospital Stay

For three days and two nights we were imprisoned at Baptist Hospital, at least that is how it felt.

Everyone has always said that the worst place to get any rest is in the hospital. They are so right. For me the most interesting thing is how easily the hospital staff can ignore you when you are under their care.  Don't get me wrong, they were very delightful people and were always nice and respectful to us. It's just they operate on a completely different time clock.  In the Army, we called it "hurry up and wait".  It seems that is how they operate, as well.  When a staff person tells you something will happen at a specific time, she is lying and knows it.  Rarely did anything ever happen when they said it would. Even our discharge was delayed a day due to their lack of attention.

Hospitals are huge businesses, but with the advantage of having you in a prone position, with your ass exposed to their overpriced, form of terror.  I can't wait for the bills to come rolling in for this experience.
I guess $15,000 to $20,000.  We'll see.

Anyway, I guess I can mark this one off my "bucket list".  Not that I put it on my list, but this was the first time in my 65 years on this earth that I have spent the night in the hospital.  Well, maybe I did when I was born, but otherwise this was it.  Unfortunately, it probably want be my last.


No comments:

Post a Comment